Friday, January 20, 2006

Why Is Hillary Calling For Sanctions On Iran?

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/01/19/D8F7RAL81.html

Is she a principled opponent of the idea of a nuclear Iran? Maybe, but I doubt it. Sanctions against Iran would cause the price of oil to go through the roof, and Democrats know that expensive oil would result in a pretty strong anti-incumbent election. If Hillary gets her sanctions, a disastrous oil shock happens on the Republicans’ watch, and elections are just around the corner.
So not only does oil fund terrorism, but for people as creative as Hillary, it can be used to manipulate domestic elections.
And how do Republicans respond? Try this:

"You know what? What makes our economy grow is energy. And Americans are used to going to the gas tank (sic), and when they put that hose in their, uh, tank, and when I do it, I wanna get gas out of it. And when I turn the light switch on, I want the lights to go on, and I don't want somebody to tell me I gotta change my way of living to satisfy them. Because this is America, and this is something we've worked our way into, and the American people are entitled to it, and if we're going improve (sic) our standard of living, you have to consume more energy."

-Iowa Senator Charles Grassley

Now, to be fair, I know that not all Republicans think like Grassley on this issue (I don't, and I generally identify as Republican, or at least conservative). But if you are a Republican strategist looking at the elections on the horizon, I think you look at implementing a huge conservation campaign and substantial incentives for more economic cars- whatever you need to do to stabilize the price of oil.
If you're a Democrat, call for sanctions in order to raise the price of oil on the Republicans' watch. Or, focus on the Bush Administration's ineffectiveness at getting sanctions imposed, and accuse them of endangering our national security. Either way you win, assuming the Republicans don't take swift action geared towards conservation and/or diversification of fuel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home